Saturday 25 February 2012

Creative Block

I'm currently struggling to make Mother's Day cards. Despite being a cardmaker, I have pretty much been able to avoid Mother's Day since my Mum passed away in 2005. It's kind of a double whammy, as her birthday was 3rd March, so always close to Mother's Day.
It's not very often I am stuck for ideas, but for this, I am totally stumped. I've had a look through my stash, sorted out some ideas, but when it comes to making the card, my creativity just disappears. I can't do it. And for those who know me, I am not a can't type of person. In fact, I'm quite the reverse, especially when my stubborness sets in!

So, what to do? I've spoken to some crafting friends, and they've advised me to give it a miss. Ignore the upcoming date and make something else instead. Why be defined by the important dates on the calendar when people will always need birthday cards; or be having babies; or getting married. My husband says I can do this, and I can work through it, but I'm just not sure.

So, I'm going to leave you with a picture of my Mum, because she always inspired us to be the best we could be, and to strive for things and never settle for second best. Hopefully, she might just provide me with the inspiration I need. Love Sammylou xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I love to read them! Sammylou xXx